View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2016, 04:30 PM   #38
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
I have finally recieved my bolt and came to the conclusion that @InvisiBill was right as far as the levers allowing the switch to come out all the way. However, when I finally get everything put back together I found out that the clutch switch was actually getting stuck inside the switch housing about everyone one out of three times. I tried getting extra lude and that did not work, so I tried to switch out the springs, but in doing so the other spring went flying across the parking lot, so not it is just hanging which allows a bypass. Not sure how much more time and effort I can put into it.
Are both switches getting hung up? Can you actuate it with the cover off to see exactly what's hanging up? It might be something as simple as a little molding imperfection on one of the plastic pieces. I think it fits in there pretty precisely, but there may be a tiny bit of wiggle room with the mounting screws - sometimes just mounting it a hair differently is enough to avoid something hanging up.

Just keep in mind that without that switch working properly, the starter will run with the bike in gear if the sidestand is up. The switch keeps you from doing something you shouldn't, and can no longer do so if it's bypassed.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote