View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2024, 04:23 PM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL....
I put the carbs back to stock ...stock main jets, stock pilot jets
hooked it all back up hit the starter and it fired right up ! both cylinders firing
like it should be....
reved it up.... no hesitation at all, gained RPM like it should..... NO Flat spot!
reved it a few more times and it seams to be back to her old self !
I still have the water tank dangling and the seat off and I want to ride it without the fairings on it before I put them back on....
the only thing I can figure was the problems I was having before was from a dirty carb.... and my mind was stuck on the symptons ! but I had Gordon clean the carbs last year and I've had Sta-bul 360 in the fuel sense then even though it sat for a full year...... once I put the carbs back to stock it seems to be running like a champ !
I fully expected it to have a huge flat spot at 4k RPM because that is what I was getting last time I had it in stock configuration.....
....but that is not the case.... it is running fantastically now.... at least on the stand !
we'll see what it does under a load and riding it next week
thanks for the help Gordon in reminding me what I did..... memory doesn't serve me well any more....obviously !
IT WORKS !!!!

Bob........