View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:24 AM   #38
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Update: I just return from a test run of tunning attempt #5, after raising the needles to the 4th clip position. Actually I kept the clip at 3rd and added 2 of the supplied washers to equal the equivalent of the 4th position.... did this because those clips are TIGHT and I didn't want to damage anything pulling them on and off. I also haven't toughed the mixture screws since last tune (still at 3 turns out).

Verdict = the bike continues to idle smoothly, pull smoothly.... I don't know if it is the temp and barometric pressure today, but it might even be pulling better than before, not sure. The problem is I am still getting that surging feeling from 1/8-1/4 throttle (I used tape so I KNOW this was the actual throttle position). The surging was showing up ~5.5K to 7.5K RPM. I'm not positive, but the surging actually SEEMS more pronounced at the higher end of that range than it did before, but the flat spot seems gone. If I hadn't been pulling better, I would thing I was confusing surging for bogging.

I'm going to go turn the screws out one more time to 3.5 turns out, and test.

How am I doing, any thoughts?
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote