View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #16
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Yeah, I have pretty much formed a list of roads that are considered passable and those that are not based on traffic and driver patterns.

Like for instance..4:30pm to 6pm, no rides down Watson Blvd, because all the military base traffic is getting off work. Same goes for holidays. I take an alternate route during these times down the back roads to avoid the traffic.

No rides down Carl Vinson Blvd, saturdays between 2-4pm because thats when all the rice burning teenagers that just got their license are coming out of the DMV office after taking their test.

Never EVER ride down Vineville Ave in Macon, GA, because that road is a death trap for anyone on two wheels. There are three lanes going right through the city, and they have LED signs overhead with a check or X mark that tell you which lanes are open going what direction...If you make it down that road without dieing, you should get a prize at the end.

Davis Rd during any highschool activity, especially football games.

I also know there are certain locations that require extra caution when riding by....such as.
Slow down for any SONIC.. because every teenager with a fart muffler is going to come ripping out of there without even looking.
Slow down in any Wal-Mart parking lot...duh.
Never park your bike next to a ricer, conversion van, or old lady car.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote