View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #8
Blackwidow
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Did you get your bike before you took the MSF?
- NO! I took the MSF course first to make sure I like being on a bike before investing even a penny on a bike.

What time of year did you get your bike?
- Just got in in August. got a good deal on a brand new bike so I took it.

Was it to cold, or hot to enjoy?
- It was august...so it was pretty flipping hot

Did you buy your gear first?
- I had a helmet that I used when I rode on the back of my BF's bike, but I bought the jacket and the gloves and the boots the same time i got the bike. They gave me 10% off on the jacket and gloves and I negotiated the boots into the bike deal.

Did you get the best gear, or any gear?
- I got the gear I wanted. I did do my research and asked for advice from my fellow ninjette.org members, but at the end of the day, it was my decision.

Did you wait for the best used bike to come along, or did you take the first thing close?
- I was thinking about getting a used bike, but i ended up buying a new one cuz of the deal i got.

Did you pay cash?
- Financed it.

Could you have gotten a better deal?
- I don't know...maybe. but i don't want to think about that. I got what I wanted and the price that was conveinant for me, and thats all that matters.

What kind of insurance did you get?
- FULL COVERAGE

Was it enough, or too much?
- i think its enough, i'm a new rider and want to make sure my a$$ is totally covered just in case.

Would you even get a bike?
- i already did, and have ZERO regrets

Can you be Safe??????? I'm still a little (a lot) afraid.
- Fear is half the fun...its the challenges in life that make us stronger. Take it easy and apply everything you learn in the MSF class and you'll be great!

What would you do if you were to start today?
- Exactly what i did to get to this point. but maybe really buy a used bike only cuz the break in period for a new bike totally sucks balls!

So far I have a new Shoei RF 1000($179.00), and Speed and Strength textile jacket($49.00). I'm trying not to take the MSF class till the end of the year. I would like the class to be fresh in my head when I get the bike. I'll be ready at the end of the year. (If I don't chicken out)

- hey, its a start. good luck with your adventure. i'm sure you'll love it as much as i did. And an added FYI- prior to me taking the class, i had never driven a manual car or even sat on a bike (except on the back). So if I can do it, so can you!