Old November 26th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #12
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Thanks guys (and gals).

You know, I read the post in BW's 1000th thread and knew the 10k mark was coming up for me soon.

I thought about if I wanted to do something special for it, but remembered something that Alex had said when we were having a discussion on implementing a rating system here on Ninjette a few years ago and that was he felt it was more important that every member's post should count no matter how many posts a member has.

I've since realized he was right and that now matter how many posts someone has, each post should be as important as anyone's else, whether they have one post or 10,000. It's not about how many you have, but what you say in it that really counts. Some members with far less posts than me have contributed far more than I can ever dream of. Quality over quantity, which speaks to most of our mindsets of riding a 250 instead of a liter bike.

I'm not planning on going anywhere, so you'll most likely have me around for the 20k mark, too.

Alex... kudos to you for running a great site. Without your oversight and excellent job as moderator/admistrator, I would never have been able to help as many as I have w/o the atmosphere you've created here. Mahalo for someplace for all of us to hang our collective cyber hats.

BTW, when someone reaches the 10K mark, shouldn't their post count change from "a lot" to "too much"???
Well said, Kelly! Keep up the good work!
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote