View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #27
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscbw View Post
Hmm.. I just went out to try and replicate it again and it didn't turn on. When it did happen, it was after a 2 hour ride about 1.5 hr in the back roads and .5 on the freeway home going about 70~80 mph which is about 8-10k rpm? After the freeway coming to a stop i notice it flickered but didn't think anything of it. Then when I stopped in my driveway I seen it again, so I showed my friend. I stood the bike upright and it would go away, tilt left or tilt right, light flashes on. Bike has 500 Miles, 2009. Recent changes to bike: Swapped to 2011 exhaust, Pulled Carb to clean jets, 2 #4 washer shims, and adjust fuel/air mixture screw. Any ideas?? I increased my idle a bit, its at about 1500 BTW
I suspect that after your long ride at high rpms, was enough to make the engine hot and the oil viscosity low enough for the lights to come on. Also oil can puddle in the front of the engine case when the bike is on an angle or under really hard braking. The oil has a hard time trying to get back to the oil pickup at the rear of the engine, which can cause a momentary pressure loss.
Quote:
...I came back home and stopped at my driveway which is at a slight angle. I pressed my front brakes a little to hard and did a bit of a nose dive and saw oil lights flicker.
Quote:
...I tried to replicate this with a few rides around the block and it did not happen.
If the lights come on and stay on. I would look at another problem.

Lower your idle back down to 1300-1350 (since you have shims). Try changing your sprocket sizes to help reduce your rpms. You can also run 20w-50 oil as well. (will help in cooling)
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote