View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #29
mrscbw
ninjette.org member

Name: Barry

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
first.. are you sure both lights are coming on and just not one light coming on and perhaps it's light bleeding over into the other indicator?

the oil flickering light problem has been reported before and the cause seemed to have been too low an oil level when the oil bunches up towards the front of the engine during hard stops or on inclines.

how are you getting your oil level indication in the sight glass? is the bike perfectly perpendicular to the ground when reading? It can't be just "approximately" perpendicular, as I've seen a very small amount of lean affecting the sight glass reading significantly. I'm just trying to make sure you're getting an accurate oil level indication.

also, when you reassembled the bike after shimming, are you sure you got any chassis ground wires you may have removed back into place and are providing a good, solid connection to ground?
Ya, I'm 100% positive both lights are coming on and as for bleeding, these 2 lights are pretty far apart, could the oil pressure light bleed all the way to the water temp light? I will have to take note of that and check if these lights come back. As for sight glass, I'm not sure how to get a perfect up right position. I had my friend sit on the bike and straighten it up to the best he can and read from there. The only ground wire I could remember removing is the battery's negative? All the others were clips. Am I missing something here? I don't recall removing any bare wires besides the battery terminal wires.
mrscbw is offline   Reply With Quote