View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

OK, I think I know what he meant about what the L-bracket and U-clip is for. There is a hole on the right side of the hugger's swingarm cover and there is nothing threaded for it to line up with. I figured that it was for mounting a plate relocator or whatever you wanted and Matt's previous description of what the L-bracket was for made it sound like it was for mounting the brake line holder, but instead it is for mounting the cover to an L-bracket where the holder once was. This answers my biggest question: Yes, it need to be removed. It looks like it's to make something similar to the left side's chain guard mounting tab. That makes perfect sense to me now.

Now, back to the brake line holder that's still dangling on my brake line: Since I'm not willing to take off the brake lines, I guess I just need to cut it off. What kind of metal is it? Can I use snips or should I use a rotary tool? I just bought a rotary tool but I don't have a way to power it out there at the bike (guess I should have gotten a cordless Dremel). It doesn't feel like it would bend easily and I don't have any tools that would do that anyway. Any advice?

Last futzed with by CZroe; April 12th, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote