View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #22
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Yeah, especially because THAT bike I wanted to keep!

A year before that, though, I'd been riding my DL1000 off road with a bunch of other guys on KLXs, KLRs and DRZ400s. It was a hell of a workout, and after several hours I concludes that the Vstrom really wasn't the "do it all" bike I'd hoped it would be, and over the course of that ride decided I really needed two bikes: one for the dirt and one for commuting. Then I hit a pothole in the mud, and went off a cliff. Luckily, everyone else was willing to take pictures before helping to get the bike back on the road.

Bike was scratched up and a little bit bent on some unimportant parts, but that would make it harder to sell to buy the more appropriate bikes. I called the insurance company, they totalled it, wrote me a check, and I bought two bikes (CBR and DR350) within 24 of each other. They were perfect....until the engine exploded on the DR and I was in a much worse accident with the CBR (which paid for the Ninja).