View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

I usually pull the choke on full for a couple seconds and rev it (up high, like into the 9k which is probably bad, but I'm a newb so this will be a helpful thread for me to!) until it holds around 3k. Then I put the choke down a bit until it holds around 1.5k. I let it sit there until it warms up enough to jump back up to 3k. At that point, I generally let the choke off completely and start riding. I ride softer until I notice somewhere like a stoplight that it's holding at the usual RPM range. But, like I said, I'm probably doing something wrong in there.

I have the same problems with shifting sometimes, but I'm not completely sure why either. I have found that if you just keep pumping it a bit, it should drop down, but if nothing else, hold that clutch REALLY TIGHT just to be sure, wait 'till you come to a complete stop, and then downshift. Works every time for me. Again, my noobyness is probably misleading me.

I'm not completely sure what you mean about going haywire and twitching... The only thing I can think of is that the RPMS can easily go either up or down, depending on how fast you're going, what gear you're currently in, how much you have the clutch held in, whether or not you fully released the throttle, etc. I don't know if you mean going up quickly or going down quickly or both though. Can you describe the "twitching" with a bit more detail?