View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #1
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

Noob in dire need. rear tire removal. help!

Hi folks,
The title says it all...I was trying to remove the rear tire today and just couldn't...did everything according to the service manual; removed cotter pin and went ahead with trying to unscrew the axle nut (on the right side), I used the 'left loosey' rule and as I turned I noticed that the other bolt (on the swingarm side) turned as well. After multiple tries during which I used a (17mm) wrench to hold the swingarm bolt in place while attempting to unscrew the axle nut, I had to give up because my wrench was digging grooves on the nut by the swingarm side. Obviously the whole thing is too tight and I'm sure further attempts are going to the render the smaller nut useless. What should I do???
I'm using brand new wrenches bought from harbor freight.
I would rather not have the bike loaded and taken to a kawi dealership (tight wallet)
I also noticed that after all my attempts the rear tire will now only rotate about 1/3 of the way and then stop...
p.s. My neighbor mentioned something about 'reverse torque' nuts and that I would have to tighten the screw (turn right) to loosen them...??
I'm sorry...I'm lost...please help.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Here are some pics :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 301020111322.jpg (90.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 301020111321.jpg (86.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 301020111315.jpg (92.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 301020111309.jpg (79.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 301020111303.jpg (42.1 KB, 4 views)
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote