View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2011, 02:35 AM   #86
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I can't remember a time when Apple announced a product a year before it arrived. In fact they keep things very tight lipped.

And maybe sprint is willing to lay down 20B but what makes you think AT&T and Verizon would not fight to keep the iPhone? The iPhone is a MAJOR part of AT&T (the iPhone is responsible for the majority of my paychecks)

Mark my words There is no way in hell that AT&T would ever give up the iPhone
You missed something very big: EVERYONE who knows anything about this stuff was expecting two new iPhones to be announced AND RELEASED during this cycle: The iPhone 4S and the iPhone 5. We aren't talking about them announcing a product a year in advance. The same people claiming this clearly had inside information as they correctly predicted the announcment of the iPhone 4S months early.

Releasing two models was supposedly why the next model was delayed and why the Chinese accessory manufacturers were making cases for a teardrop-shaped iPhone with a larger screen and an oval Home button (or, rather, a Home button "area;" rumor was that it would be a touch-sensitive bezel with no actual button). These sources have never been wrong before and likely aren't "wrong" now... just a little mind-changing by Apple due to a deal with Sprint.

Sprint's switch to LTE, acknowledgement of the Apple deal, dissapointment at the Let's Talk iPhone event, etc is all perfectly timed, don't you think?

Many expected the iPhone 4S to be the "cheap enough to sell off-contract" model and the iPhone 5 to be the upgraded model, but with it's upgrades, the iPhone 5 will have to be called something else if it isn't announced and released sometime soon or else it will solidly be the sixth model.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote