View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:44 PM   #5
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I have no problems with my '08 ZX. I have never ridden a 636, so I can't really compare them. I can tell you that I have absolutely no problem exceeding the highest speed limit in the nation in first gear. I was riding today and for no apparent reason I decided to give the bike a bit more roll-on than necessary for stability in a corner. I came out of that corner at 95 mph, in a 55, and I was in sixth gear basically taking it easy. I guess my point is, regardless of what you get, it is going to be more than fast enough for street use.

The '09-up are really good according to reviews, but again, I haven't ridden one personally.

I'd been toying with the idea of a supermoto for a while, and now I'm seriously contemplating a cruiser. One that handles well, but it will be far more laid back than my 600.

I thought I was old enough to handle the responsibility. I was wrong. The supersports make it so easy to go fast.

If you are definitely certain that you want a SS, then go with the '09 up if you get a good deal. It won't be as grunty down low as the 636, but according to reviews it will handle considerably better and it beats out the '07-'08 pretty much everywhere in the rev range power-wise. A best of both worlds situation.