View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #6
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay11 View Post
Right, I get that. But I guess what I'm asking is, even when you get on your bike for a 5 min ride where the speed limit is 55.. do you still wear shin high boots, pants, jacket, etc etc.. even in blistering heat?
yes. but the purpose of getting gear is so ur comfortable in it 24/7 if u had to wear it that long. I bought boots i could get off my bike and walk a mile in no prob and get back on the bike to ride. For jacket if its hot out get a nice mesh or cordora jacket its so nice with a breeze . Pants i got kevlar pants that look like normal jeans and got shin guards to put underneath. I can wear all that all day bc i made myself get used to and comfortable gear. Ie dont wear too warm of gear in the summer u almost pass out from the heat.

even a 5 min ride someone can side swip u, could make a bad lean on a turn, lock up brakes ( did this first 5 min on a ride on accident), etc. Dont know when its going to happen but might as well be comfortable doing it and i think my gear is alot more cooler looking than being in flip flops and shorts