View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #6
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Well 14.7 is the "perfect" stoich ratio where all the o2 and all the fuel is burnt. (but it doesn't pull as hard as a rich mixture) Anything higher than that is lean. From all the dyno curves I've seen from my shop, they try and tune to a 14.0 at top end, and then the midrange in the middle somewhere where it feels best and is most responsive.

I would say tune to the specs that your local shop suggests you tune to, that way you have some guidance and help when you ask questions.

EDIT: if the yoshi map is a little rich on your system, using that map and removing the snorkel *should be* pretty close. On a carbed bike, removing the snorkel with a full system requires either one size larger jet, or just makes the bike pull a little harder with the oem jets, which are a little rich. I think you might have the same effect, but you have a couple maps to switch around between which is really nice.

Heck, you might be able to nail it just by switching between the 4 options that you plan on testing.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote