View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Maelstrom
ninjette.org member

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

New and stupid rider reporting...

So I've had my bike a week today, bought after taking the course, and I've already wiped out. Basically just went too wide on a turn; since the sun was in my eyes as soon as I started turning, I couldn't see the huge chunk of pavement missing along the shoulder. Luckily it was a quiet road and only two people saw me do it, and helped me pick up the bike. Still, the left fairing is extremely scratched up with a few cracks, the turn signal is smashed, and the mirror and the handlebar are scratched. My shift lever also got twisted right around so it was OVER the foot peg. As for myself, luckily just a bruised hip, skinned knee and arm where my jacket sleeve came up, and some ripped jeans!

So yeah, VERY discouraged, and more then pissed about the damage. Should I just replace the fairing, or try to get it repaired? Cheapest I found it for is $229.52 on Mr Cycles. I've already ordered a new mirror and some better turn signals. Also, I managed to turn the lever back around with some pliers and it seemed to work perfectly when I rode the bike home. Should I get it checked out anyway? I want to be able to sell the bike eventually, and for a good price, so I'm afraid I wouldn't have much luck with all the mint used Ninjas out there unless I replace the parts.

So embarrassed... don't want to tell any of my friends, but then I can't ride until the parts come in if I want to hide it . Worst thing is, I'm going to sea with the navy for six weeks next Monday, before the parts would be here, so I won't be able to ride it until I get back at the end of July!

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

Last futzed with by Maelstrom; May 27th, 2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote