View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #17
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
So I went to the AMA Superbike races at Sears Point today and had a BLAST! It was my first motorcycle race and the last time I went to a race was in Indy to the 500 like 12 years ago or something.

ANYWAY, they were doing demo rides at the Kawasaki tent and I hopped on a lime green 650R. We did a 25 mile test ride at speed (hit about 70MPH) and boy was it SMOOOTH!!! I love it!!

The hubby test rode a Concours 14 and he said it was the most comfortable ride EVER!! He was a little weary about the 1400cc bike at first as he has never ridden anything larger than a 250 before (well he did ride my Vulcan 800 around the block once, but that doesn't really count).

So I do believe my next bike will be the 650R. Very nice!
I rode the ER6F or 650R as you call it at the Kawasaki open day it has a better gear box than the 250R but the motor has a lot more vibration, it’s not as forgiving either if you let the revs drop too much in a bend the take up is harsh and would need watching on a wet road. Even though it has twin disks I did not think the breaks were that good for a 130 mph bike, at 70 mph you never got near the fun zone I think you should get used to riding the 250 at 80/90 mph for sustained distances before you start looking at 70+ bhp

Steve