View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:06 PM   #22
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4kpg View Post
I like it, very clean and still sporty. I want to go naked but just can't seem to get started. I've been thinking about the exposed bolt holes on the side of the tank, I wonder how easy it would be to do some fiberglass panels to bring the contour forward and wrap into the front of the tank or ever over the radiator fill hose to hide it without becoming a fairing again? I also like how you opened up the rear end by moving the electrical components, did you have any issues relocating them?
I've seen others smooth the fairing mounts over with bondo and repaint the tank, but they don't bother me that much. You could also switch to a vintage tank and cafe racer seat for a more traditional appearance. Check out what this guy did:

Pretty cool, but he had to sacrifice his fairing, and I hope to sell mine.

The electrical relocation actually took more time than the rest of the work, but only because I wanted to retain the stock rear inner fender and seat latch. If I eliminated them, I'd have room for all that under the seat. As it is, I placed the ECU under the tank (where I hope it doesn't get too warm) and the rectifier on the left side of airbox, in front of the coolant tank. I had to lengthen the taillight wires, because they now have to reach from in front of the coolant tank. Otherwise, no problems.
Chicagobob is offline   Reply With Quote