View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #16
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisjoe View Post
lol yeah, where the hell have you been?
Busy being pumped and dumped by a retailer through the holiday season all while my employer of 13 years stood by and allowed it. It's deplorable. The client isn't supposed to be choosing which contracted employee they'd like to keep after a holiday hour/manpower boost, especially when my employer had told me the permanent position was mine (sent me there right as they were removing the other guy). I didn't leave my permanent post back in September for a temporary post just to slave through the holidays with 15 hours on my feet every day and no job when it was all over with.

It's called "co-employment" when the client makes hiring and firing decisions for the service provider (my employer) and they lose their legal isolation from liability. Not my problem anymore, but they'd better tread lightly. I've worked two graveyard posts since then that were many times longer away and probably only pay minimum wage, so they're going to be looking at an unemployment claim soon if they don't turn up something better.

/rant

Edit: Back at 40 hours. Long commute, but I'm happy.

Last futzed with by CZroe; January 13th, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote