Old April 9th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #10
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by timwu12 View Post
If Pirelli offers a diablo tire, wouldn't it be constructed than the sport demon, since the Diablo line is a lot more recent?
It's a bias ply scooter tire, not a radial like the rest of the diablo line. I have no further ideas about its design, I just know that I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterliter View Post
Has anyone used the bridge stone bt45? They seem to have more crown than the mt75s so it should steer quicker.
I liked those tires a lot. They were a great street tire. They stuck well, they felt great, they did really well in wet conditions, and they fell into turns nicely.

But they wore funny for me.

I think the diablo scooter tire is more neutral than than the BT45 while leaned over. Also, the rear BT45 (the SD is the same size) is taller, wider, and heavier than the Diablo Scoots. The difference on turn in, while not mind boggling, is definitely noticeable in a back to back comparison. The Diablos turn in better and transition quicker.

Personally, the Diablo Scooter tires are the best all around tire I've used. They're cheaper than the BT45's, waaay stickier, and quicker warming than the Dunrocks, and they're quicker to flick than the BT45's. They're also wearing normally. They feel just as good on back roads as they do on the track.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote