View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #3
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingmenace View Post
I got bike from a neighbor who passed away so I have no history on it... It's a 95 and has just under 6300 on the clock.. Initially the oil that was in bike came out the color of hot coco.. Water in oil... I changed oil and idled bike in garage and around the block... I've changed oil several times and put new filter in... Now since plates came in I changed oil once more and put some real miles on bike.. But I've noticed at idle the oil light comes on ... The bike seems to run fine.. Doesn't overheat but seems to be making noise in the motor.. The noise may just be my paranoia ... Seems to be between 4500 and 7000 rpm.. But seems to be noisier than normal at idle... Drained the oil and it seems really thin... Color is maybe slightly grey... Not Milky which is indicative of water in oil and I don't seem to be loosing coolant at all.... Any ideas
What oil you using?