View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #11
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Name: Daniel "God"

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Yes and yes (just don't use a silicone tube: gas will eat it up).

It could be rich first and then lean, if the level is too high first and then too low.
I don't know for sure, it is just a suggestion for something else to verify.
You could have a combination of problems.

The Ventury effect can only lift so much column of fuel and make it go through the orifice of the jets and needles.
So jets and level are basically working together to achieve a precisely metered flow of fuel into the stream of incoming air.
Low level = less fuel and vice-verse.

I assume that you have cleaned every internal passage of the carbs, including the idle circuit and the adjusting screws and O-rings.
Just put the bike on the stand and put it level as possible, the readings come up at around 8mm above the carb bodies lowest point which is troubling. I figured if it really is flooding and opening the throttle slowly causes there to be way too much gas for the engine to handle then by turning the idle adjustment knob on the side far enough the engine should rev up until the butterflies are opened enough for the flooding carbs to let all the gas in.

When I turned the knob it revved to abut 3k and after more turning the idle dropped to under 1k and would not take even a hint of throttle movement. This makes me believe that there is definitely way too much fuel in the bowls and it is flooding out into the carb and opening the butterfly slighly causes the engine to have way to much fuel but when i pound the throttle open it is able to compensate.

When I slam the throttle open it also hangs on its way down to idle so it is definitely rich.

Hopefully this is it...
xaple is offline   Reply With Quote