View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #18
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Name: Daniel "God"

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
If you saw a lot of junk come out when you cleaned them there's a good chance there's more stuck somewhere.

Did you blow the passages out with high pressure compressed air?

At this point I would soak the entire carb in cleaner, and possibly have them ultrasonic cleaned.

It's possible the needles aren't seating properly - I'd replace them at this point. When you have the carbs off and turn them upside-down you should feel the needle seat before the float bottoms on the carb body. If that's not happening they might not be shutting the fuel off completely.
If I try and blow air through the fuel hose and push the bowls up manually it stops the air from coming through. So would that indicate that they are working?

When I set up a funnel as a gas tank, I did notice the gas was leaving the funnel rather quickly. Much too quickly for a bike at idle. I also notice there is a lot of gasoline in the carb and the rubber engine headers. And I think there is gas in the air box because my air filter smelled of gasoline. I'm not sure if this evidence is conclusive or not but it gets me thinking.
xaple is offline   Reply With Quote