View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #13
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

Name: harry

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, 2004 Buell XB12s, Honda 110 Elite

Not because of Noobness

Sorry, but as you learn and progress, you learn to brake harder (unless of course you never get out of second gear for fear that it will cause a time vortex or something like that).

Basic survival riding a bike (never mind riding one in a sporting manner) depends to a large degree on being able to consistently take the braking to the edge. Intentionally trying to avoid hard braking, and the resulting lack of the needed skill set earns you an invitation to the Darwin Awards draft.

The issue of the "collapsing forks" is pure and simple. It is a maintenance/setup issue. One of the few things I dislike about my baby ninja is the non-adjustable suspension. (OK, technically it IS adjustable, but not EASILY). Mine dives a bit with braking, but it offers a nice plush ride, while still working well enough. The ultra nimble chassis and light weight makes it pretty easy to ride around the shortcomings.

Motofool suggests a close look at your maintenance first. I agree unless you are a heavyweight, in which case, you need some chassis work.