View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #22
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to take a look next time I go out. My first thought was that the throttle has too much play (which it might) the manual says 2 -3mm which i havent measured but im sure it seems a bit more than that, and also manuevering around slowly is kinda hard because I feel like im turning the throttle but it seems to travel a bit before it pulls.

But also now that you mention it, the levers seem to be a bit low. I'll have to do some basic fiddling with it.

i really like the zip tie mod though , good work, can't wait till im comfortable enough on the bike to try it out
Your job is to learn good throttle control. You can control the suspension, braking, and a lot of stuff with careful use of the throttle.

The main thing you should become familiar with is the "friction zone." This will assist you in low speed manuevers so that you will look like the CHP with twists and turns at 5 mph.

With the Ninja, it's a little bit more of a challenge due to the sloppy throttle response and carbs and fuel delivery. Fuel always seem to cut out at the most inopportune times.

I noticed that the mod has helped take some of the inconsistencies with slight throttle away. But, I will let you know a bit more over the next few days.

Get those levers adjusted to where they need to be. It helps. A lot.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote