View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:07 AM   #49
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Can someone describe in slightly more detail how to determine the correct turns out? Like how do you determine if the idle speed is at a dropping point because I've been experimenting with 1/4 turn increments but I dont think I got it right.

Also, the screws are set at different settings for right/left. Why is that and should I keep that difference or make them the same? Finally, somewhere in another forum somebody said that keeping the mixture screws the same changed the exhaust output temperature and made one side super hot vs the other.
The screws are different (1 1/2 and 2 1/2, if I remember correctly), because the needles are different!

If you change the needles (keeping the factory 98 main jets) to DynoJet and install the clips as detailed in the DJ instructions, you can get a 99% success rate simply by gently turning both screws clockwise (in), until they stop turning. Don't force the screws more after they stop. Then, simply back the screws out 1/2 turn at a time, until you reach 2 1/2 turns on both.

As far as changing the exhaust output temperature on one side, I think my BS meter may have just gone off the scale. Maybe it changed the exhaust input temperature. I would love to see how that person determined that.
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote