View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:00 AM   #27
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcDonald View Post
Haha yeah if it included everything (like the clutch spring and pistons and rods and full exhaust, etc), then yeah $2000 would be pretty unlikely haha, though I'd go get a loan tonight to get one at that price. Any higher and I think you'd have trouble getting it to sell in the states. But if it is $3500 for a COMPLETE kit to turn a stock bike into a 50rwhp machine, finding a good deal on an '08 for $2000-$2500 and thus spending $5500-$6000 total would be a lot of fun and IMO pretty worthwhile for a tinkerer.
I can understand the thrill of having a turbo'd vehicle. I own one. That being said, consider how much you're already talking about. $5500 will get you a really nice late model 600cc super sport. You also wouldn't need to tinker with electronics and tuning. Also consider the fact that most, if not all, turbos are oil cooled. You would also need some system to create a pressurized oil system for the turbo. Add in the Intercooler, extra piping, and turbo and the power to weight ratio still won't beat a 600 super sport.

I wonder if the turbo'd bike here is using the stock fuel system.

just my 2 cents. I prefer reliability over being faster than the next guy.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote