View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM   #20
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
I like it already, thanks for the update. I'm still new to this so i'm afraid I will end up giving it too much throttle if i do this, because I haven't needed WOT at all yet (im either learning really slow, or uncomfortable doing that yet in any gear, prob both).
But even without needing WOT I seem to have trouble finding a comfortable wrist position.
Sure thing.

About the mod, if you are new to riding, then do not do this mod. You will know when you are ready to do this mod in about half a year or so of riding.

In reference to finding a comfortable position, it sounds to me that you *may* need to adjust the positions of the clutch lever and brake lever.

You can loosen the bolt on the clutch lever and the two hex screws on the brake lever and slide them inwards, outwards, up and down until you find the perfect fit.

Remember, the back of your hands should be level to the ground and you should be able to rest your index finger comfortably on the brake lever (with closed throttle).

I have adjusted mine (recently) and it made a big difference in minute control over the brake and clutch. Riding is much improved.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote