View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #12
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Thanks all for the compliments. I hope that you find the DIY useful.

Alex: I'll be sure to give you head's up next time so that we can coordinate the wiki-thingy.

I got back from a 1.25 hour ride under various conditions and speeds. Overall, the throttle effort and length of twist has been improved by 35%-40%.

What does this mean in the real world? You use less effort/energy to get the bike up and running. Since there is little useable power under 7,000 RPM's, this mod helps you get into the useable range of power much more quickly.

Acceleration is noticeably improved. I was able to consistently achieve a top speed in the +20MPH over my usual top speed. Usually, you are forced to re-grip the throttle to achieve this speed, and doing so is very hazardous.

Effort is about 35-45% less and throttle control is significantly better. So much so, that I would recommend everyone to consider doing this mod. It makes riding the bike much more pleasant and enables it to hold its own on the road.

My wrist as of now is not hurting. Usually, after a long ride on the freeway, my wrist gets painful. Again, this mod means that you don't need to be a contorsionist in order to reach WOT.

If 1 zip is good, then 2 must be better, right? Well, I was so pleased with the results that I ended up adding another zip tie to the first one. I simply glued it over the original zip tie and repeated the instructions above.

The result? Not sure. There is a bit of binding, but my thottle was binding anyway. Sometimes it doesn't seem to bind. But, since it's late now, I cannot take it for a test ride.

I did end up revving it real good with the double zip tie mod. My observations? It takes MUCH less effort to go WOT. Much less. I like it.

Now, whether I will have any problems (such as the ones KKim hinted at), I will see this week. I will report back on what I find.

You guys are going to like this mod!

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote