View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #21
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purspeed View Post
Sure thing.

About the mod, if you are new to riding, then do not do this mod. You will know when you are ready to do this mod in about half a year or so of riding.

In reference to finding a comfortable position, it sounds to me that you *may* need to adjust the positions of the clutch lever and brake lever.

You can loosen the bolt on the clutch lever and the two hex screws on the brake lever and slide them inwards, outwards, up and down until you find the perfect fit.

Remember, the back of your hands should be level to the ground and you should be able to rest your index finger comfortably on the brake lever (with closed throttle).

I have adjusted mine (recently) and it made a big difference in minute control over the brake and clutch. Riding is much improved.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to take a look next time I go out. My first thought was that the throttle has too much play (which it might) the manual says 2 -3mm which i havent measured but im sure it seems a bit more than that, and also manuevering around slowly is kinda hard because I feel like im turning the throttle but it seems to travel a bit before it pulls.

But also now that you mention it, the levers seem to be a bit low. I'll have to do some basic fiddling with it.

i really like the zip tie mod though , good work, can't wait till im comfortable enough on the bike to try it out