Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglin View Post
I like this mod a lot!
I have some inquires though!
Your revs at idle speed are the same as before?

Why did you use the "rough" side of the zip tie to touch the cable instead od the smooth one?
I think using the smooth side will make the cable slip faster and also avoid from spoiling.

What do you think?
Revs are the same at idle speed. If they are not, then the install did not go correctly. But, in truth, this mod is difficult to mess up because it is so easy and straightforward.

I used the ribbed side for the cable because that's how I have seen it done before. I haven't given it much thought. If anyone has any answers on this, I'd be interested.

Since mine is already done, perhaps someone else can use the smooth side and see if there is a difference.

Please note that using only 1 zip tie (thickness) works just fine. I put on a second one and experienced some binding. I am in the process of cleaning everything and have already sanded down the edged of the second layer of zip (where it meets the end of the cables) to taper it off and see if this helps with the binding.

I'll post here what I find tonight.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote