View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #11
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

kkim you are correct on the 501's they last quite a while. I didnt have any problems with there grippyness at my trackday weekend. Gingerman raceway in like a cheese grater on tires. The 501's stay glues there. We had one session in the rain on the first day and i would not recomend the 501's for that because they are a little harder. It was the only time all weekend the tires didnt feel totally planted.
As a side note I was granted permission to move from novice or c group to intermediate or b group midway thru sunday. I dont think I have ever had more fun with my cloths on. Anyone wana buy an 86 Monte SS Drag car???
Seriously, I will probably quit going to the dragstrip as it conflicts with my new hobby. Trackdays on the lil 250. Ill post a little more about my exploits on the track elsewhere but I will say that the last 2 sessions of sunday were open and I started right behind an instructor and everytime I wanted to pass in the corners (which is a no no in novice) he would squirt ahead of me (as I was socked in behind lap traffic) and lead the way thru the corners with me in tow. Then drop back behind me to follow. We lapped 13 of the 17 bikes out there for the last session with the remaining 4 just right in front of us when we pitted to end the session. I was the only 250 there and I got alot of attention from guys on 600's and up. It was great to see the expression on the faces of guys who didnt know it was a 250.
The instructor who was riding with me said he was going to get one because it looked like so much fun. He also said he was hard pressed to keep up on his sv650. So score a victory for the 250 over the 600's and literbikes.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote