View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #3
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkson View Post
Damn you. Looks good bro. I just ran outta daylight but I'm 90% done my build. I opted for 1/8" cold-rolled steel bar using the attach to seat method. Im guessing you bolted it to the frame using those 4 mount points just behind the tail light, correct?

Is it really sturdy? What bits did you use for the fingers on the bottom that slide into the slots on the sidecases? I was just about to weld the heads of carriage bolts to the bottom bar but yours looks nicer.

Well done
Haha thanks. Honestly as far as being sturdy goes, I can rock the entire bike using those mounts. When I mount the hardcase, the entire bike shakes but the bracket itself is stable. I was skeptical at first but I saw that in this thread where Shalev bought the official GIVI bracket and it was designed to hold both top and side cases. The only difference is that they have another mount point on the passenger peg bolts.

The quicklock from sw-motech is totally worth it. For $26 it saves you alot of trouble. Btw, damn you too for having a welder. It truely would make this build easier and cleaner.

Also, yes, I mounted it on the 4 bolts. It's only an M6 bolt so you need to make sure you use good bolts and washers to spread the load out onto the frame inside the tail piece.

Btw, it looks massive but I just went out to measure it and the widest part is 32in and the mirrors are 32in. I'm surprised but it's good to know that if the mirrors fit with no problems, the hardcases will too.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote