View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #5
Jerkson
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post

The quicklock from sw-motech is totally worth it. For $26 it saves you alot of trouble. Btw, damn you too for having a welder. It truely would make this build easier and cleaner.

Also, yes, I mounted it on the 4 bolts. It's only an M6 bolt so you need to make sure you use good bolts and washers to spread the load out onto the frame inside the tail piece.

Btw, it looks massive but I just went out to measure it and the widest part is 32in and the mirrors are 32in. I'm surprised but it's good to know that if the mirrors fit with no problems, the hardcases will too.
Nice. I ordered the quicklock....it comes with latching points for the top and those nubs for the bottom?

It makes it hard for me being in Canada as I can only go to the PO box in the US once per week to get my packages. Also, having a welder != knowing how to weld. My welds look atrocious; I'm so sick of grinding.

Im going to build a reinforcing bracket on the seat portion both top and bottom to stiffen it up. The upper passenger foot peg bolt is my backup plan to add rigidity. I plan on painting mine flat-black with rattle can and then if I like how that looks keep it that way while I field test and eventually ..powdercoat it flat black.

I will try to have some pics up and a quick build thread like this when I'm done.

Paint it black and I guarantee it will look smaller