View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #6
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkson View Post
Nice. I ordered the quicklock....it comes with latching points for the top and those nubs for the bottom?
Yes it comes with the latch at the top, the nubs at the bottom, and rubber stubs to keep it stable. Basically everything you would need if you wanted to mount it to a flat piece of metal. It's just tough because we're being minimalistic.

Quote:
It makes it hard for me being in Canada as I can only go to the PO box in the US once per week to get my packages. Also, having a welder != knowing how to weld. My welds look atrocious; I'm so sick of grinding.
Haha you and me both. I spent alot of time cutting and filing those metal edges.

Quote:
Im going to build a reinforcing bracket on the seat portion both top and bottom to stiffen it up. The upper passenger foot peg bolt is my backup plan to add rigidity. I plan on painting mine flat-black with rattle can and then if I like how that looks keep it that way while I field test and eventually ..powdercoat it flat black.

I will try to have some pics up and a quick build thread like this when I'm done.

Paint it black and I guarantee it will look smaller
That's what I'm hoping for. Use a semi-gloss black. Flat black will look too cheap. I think if it doesnt have that silver reflection, it'd be less noticable and I'll like it more. Still have a few small things to iron out before that.

Goodluck, looking forward to seeing it.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote