View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #29
NathanF
ninjette.org member

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 V-Strom 650 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Here is a picture of the trapezoidal bracket for the undertail. I tried to put a piece of paper in the back for contrast but couldnt get it to fit any higher up. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the additional pic, and all the answers above. (Incidentally, those are all the answers I wanted to hear, since they are the path of least resistance. )

A few more questions:

1) What does the purpose of the rubber between the joints serve?

2) Have you noticed any instability or rattling with the case due to the T nature of the main rack, especially when it's not very full or empty? I was thinking it could be a H on its side rather than an upside down T to fix that, but it would be more weight.

3) Do the trapezoidal brackets need to be notched out to wrench down the main four bolts, or could I get away with just the 45 degree cut without any notching?

(By the way, you're going to hate me...I bought this from Amazon for $199 shipped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5k5tJvjygQ It is absolutely amazing for the price. Just cut the trapezoidal brackets, minus the notch. About 5 seconds per cut. No sparks, no heat, no hacksaw .)
NathanF is offline   Reply With Quote