View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #32
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

The bolts were my main issue as well. Which is why i had the notches originally because the bolts were from home depot and those were the longest that they had. I also used a trapazoidal shape for that same reason. I needed extra length to clear the undertail. All this was solved when I found longer bolts from lowes except like you said, they are not threaded all the way. You could try threading your own if you have the tools. Otherwise, this is the same limitations that I've encountered.

This also leads me to my next statement about the spacers. The spacers are just a hair longer than all the thicknesses of the washer and trapazoidal piece plus whatever non-threaded part of the bolt is. I wanted that section to have some tension on it. FYI, the frame is not threaded. The undertail threaded portion is completely seperate from the rest of the bike so the only thing holding that apparatus up are the 4 nuts that you'll be using on the top side. Hence the great idea for the crossbar. If you solve my bolt issue, let me know as i'd like to swap those out as well.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote