View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #1
kkim

DIY: Zero Gravity Double Bubble

After a discussion with Sound Wave, he pointed me in the direction of ZG Outlet to purchase a DB windscreen. Thanks, Gary! I ordered it last Saturday night and it arrived today in the mail. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...0&postcount=39

Open the box, and this is what you get...

Instructions on the back of the bag...

Okay, lets get busy and install this puppy. Incredibly easy... or so I thought. It's always something, isn't it? More on that later.

Begin with removing the 4 screws from around the perimeter of the stock windscreen.

They are held on with the same setup as the fairings. A metal screw with a nylon washer to protect the bodywork and a captive nut in a rubber sleeve in back.

Here you can see how it is all put together. The other 3 are the same way.

carefully slide the stock windscreen out.

You need to transfer the old mounting hardware from the old screen to the new. This is where my problem was. The rubber was old and cracking on the rubber sleeve that held the captive nut and I actually ended up breaking one sleeve. Be careful... mine was brittle and though I tried to be a careful as a I could, mine broke anyway.

Comparison of the 2 screens.

Transfer the rubber sleeves to the new screen. Only the top 2 requires this. You can see the broken sleeve in the second pic.

Insert the new screen and loosely fit the screws on as you position it.

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote