View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #31
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
did you end up putting the bolt caps on? i see you put the foam bolt caps on the mirror arms. nice touch. hehe.

i think if you mess around with the joints more you may get a bit better results as far as getting your arms out of the reflection and still seeing behind you.
Yes i ended up using 2 of the 4 kit plastic bolt caps! As i reused the 2 foam caps on the 2 others. That way if i lose a plastic cap or foam one, i got 2 extra!

Ooohhhh wait... i see what you mean.... lol, yea the foam caps i stuck on the arms ONLY cuz i didnt want to lose them and i put em back on once i was all done! heheee

Yes, i didnt adjust the mirrors to get a 'perfect' view, but you get a general idea! Note: I rode to royal oak thursnite (my pictures thread post) and going down I-696 i was doing 80-100MPH and the left mirror (i had moving problems weeks ago b4 i put on the SW-motechs) it moved like 1/8" not much but enuff to change the angle a tad. Thats due to not letting the loc-tite 24 hrs fully cure, also i have to Keep the bolts abit looser. I keep my bike in a Shed and going through the 32" wide door... its a Squeeze but i manage to get Nate in there, due to Folding in the Mirrors for that extra few Inches! So if i tightened down the bolts a 1/4 turn more... they wont move!

(when i took Nate out for a 20 min test ride, up gratiot and onto I-94... i had the mirror bolts REAL TIGHT and everything adjusted how i like. They never moved but when i got back home to park Nate in teh shed, i couldnt move the damn Mirror arms or extenders.. ) HEEE-MAN!!! :flex:
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote