View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:39 AM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Yup, your right.

I know that for the PreGen models, if you raise the back it will increase the feel and make it turns in quicker.

As the Ninjette uses pretty much the same suspension setup as the EX500, there is a veteran racer over at EX-500.com, called FOG. He makes links to raise the rear and here is his explanation

Quote:
Just to re up this add. Yes I still make these.
as of 2/10/13 postal increase is reflected in posted price.

FOGBONES for 1st & 2nd gen bikes up or down. The uppers raise the rear 1 1/2 “. The downers are custom made to your requests. Same price 42.5 +shipping
See FOG # emartovich@centurytel.net
!st gen (1987-1993) is $72.5
2nd gen (1994- Present is $42.5
Please add $6 shipping costs to any US city or $15 to Canada
other countries call. ref: I've shipped to Europe for $13.
Paypal is best for me, the account # is emartovich@centurytel.net
Other methods : Your check or US money order is fine to:

email Fog For my personal Address

A set if installation instructions is packed in each shipment

I have been responding to inquires lately the ask "what Dog Bones do". So I thought this would be a Good place to put an explanation.

The bones replace a suspension link and raise the rear of the bike about 1 1/2" at the grab handle. Why? These parts change the angle of the Swing Arm to put it more in line with the torque reaction of the chain, this reduces lift under hard drives,also they reduce the fork rake Angle and shorten the trail. these two changes quicken the steering and cause the bike to turn with less counter steering input. Finally braking is much improved by the greater weight shift to the front wheel (which does 90% of the braking). Ground clearance is improved as well allowing increased lean angle. I have added a slight bulge in the center to accommodate the slightly larger springs from the after market.
I developed this product during my long and successful race career (I quit before I was crippled ....too much)
Installation is a simple bolt off/on process that uses only hand tools and a jack or center stand.
I keep 2nd gens in stock and make 1st gens up special to order.

FOG

I get emails inquiring if I still make these, I assure you I do, and I will remove this add the Minuit I don't.

Fog's machine shop service.

I have decided I have some spare time available.
I have a pretty good machine shop and all the tools required to rebuild EX engines,
I am offering this service to all.
I can do.
Complete head re building including replacing seats and cutting them correctly.
I can re hone bore or replace sleeves if required including oversize one if you like.
I can not alter or repair crankshafts, but I can re fit new bearings into you bottom ends (not as simple as it may seem.
I'm retired and can turn your job around quickly for you racers.
Refrences on request.
Email for a quote for you job.

FOG
I'm aware of a few links that raises the rear for the NewGen, I've seen them eBay.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote