View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2016, 06:09 PM   #9
juliusmichaelhonrada
ninjette.org guru

Name: Julius Michael

Motorcycle(s): GPX250-RII

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyword View Post
The darn brake pad pins were so hard (please, no innuendo jokes please :P) that the Lowes extractor bit did not even make a mark.

I tried using torx bits with both my impact driver and a regular socket wrench but had no luck. I even ordered these splined (name?) bits for removing rounded allen bolts. They were threaded cylinders that were sized to fit into hex heads. All they did was round off the bolt even more.

I ended up taking the bike in to a shop and after 1 hour of labor (though I think it was probably only 0.5 hours of work), they took out the pin and put in the replacement I ordered from Partzilla through their eBay store.

Thanks for all of your help guys!

Also, random good news: my wife just got into cycling last week. She secretly took the MSF course to surprise me and we're shopping for another 250 for her. Hurray!

Are the newgen pad the same with the pregen brake pads?

When i was removing my front tire , the brake pad material(caliper piston side) came off the brake pad metal container? , btw its odd , like a very thick solid piece of metal and is not rough but instead it looks shiny and smooth with yellow dots on it , i just superglued it for now its a 1987 ninja 250 with dual front disc brakes
juliusmichaelhonrada is offline   Reply With Quote