Thread: Rain Gear?
View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #2
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Honestly, you could get away with a $20 rain-suit from some outdoor store or even Walmart. I read a story where somene kept one of those $8 yellow PVC suits for emergencies, and rode all the way home through some killer storm and stayed almost completely dry.

My jacket was $50 and I'd probably pay $50 for another set of pants (mine came with some other riding pants, though), but if this is just going to be a one-time thing to see if you even like it, there isn't a huge reason to spend a lot on it. I knew I was going to be riding rain or shine, so I invested in the slightly nicer gear. Though I did wear a cheap rain jacket a few times when I was just seeing how well it worked. The cheap jacket let the sleeves around my wrists get a little wet since it had no elastic cuff, but other than that did just fine.