View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM   #21
Apollo626
ninjette.org member

Name: Marcus

Motorcycle(s): Green '08 Ninja 250R

I bought the T-Rex sliders and rear stand w/ spools after checking out this DIY. The shipping only took 2 days! Granted, they were only going from Dallas to San Antonio, and I being in state I had to pay tax. Initial impression is that everything is made from high quality parts and very sturdy

I got the 10mm black aluminum spools and gold galvanized rear stand. The spools screwed in perfectly, and the stand was easy to put together and works great.

I used both this DIY (thanks for the pics!) and the included instructions to help me with the slider installation. Everything went smoothly up until step 10, but I'll get to that in a moment. One thing I noted is that I would not have been able to remove the engine bolt without using a jack and piece of wood to support the engine.

I was literally putting the fairings back on after having installing the brackets before I noticed that the left slider bolt would not screw in to the bracket correctly. Apparently the threads are screwed up in the bracket, because after 20 minutes of trying both bolts and from both sides of the bracket I can't get them to go more than a turn or two into the bracket

I kinda wish I had played around with the parts before hand and noticed the threading issue before I had my bike torn apart, but there's nothing I can do about it now except wait for Monday to call T-Rex and get them to send a replacement bracket.
Apollo626 is offline   Reply With Quote