View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Got in a crash...

This past Sunday (2 days ago) I went for a ride on redwood rd. I had just turned around at redwood and skyline and was making a protected left turn at the light when an old man decided to run the light and I plowed into the drivers side door. Thankfully I was wearing all my gear and I was alright. People nearby called 911 but I didn't go to the hospital. I didn't actually talk to the old man since I was kinda on the ground the whole time and the police did a police report so the info is still on record anyway. My bike wouldn't start afterwards. For now, just waiting on insurance stuff to decide what to do. So grateful I walked away from that. I actually ran 4 miles just fine during PT less than 24 hrs after the crash (not by choice). Of course if anything feels wrong in the next few days, I'll go get it checked out.

Some pics of the aftermath. Don't mind my terrible picture taking.

Apparent damage aside from the fairings: Coolant all came out in the crash. As mentioned, it doesn't start; the display doesn't even come on and turning the key in the ignition is difficult. Radiator is bashed in on the side. I fear frame damage as the front tire is still fine, but the balance of the bike while standing is horribly off. I tried to just leave it on the kickstand, but even the smallest pressure would make it start falling in the other direction. Also, the bracket holding in the passenger seat is pretty bent up so more damage seems highly likely.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote