View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM   #1
WOWNinja
oh yes it is!

Name: :D

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE - SOLD 2004 CBR600RR Candy Blue (sportech wind Screen / OEM Sliders)

BikeLitz Undertail Review

Hi,

I'm new with bikes and this is my first one. For about a couple of weeks I have been searching for the right undertail kit for the right price and ended up barely satisfied.

I would like to ask from our ninjette comrades to please post your purchased and installed aftermarket parts and state your pros and cons and rate if you recommend , A - E (E NOT RECOMMENDED A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).

These are my basic reasons why i started this thread aftermarket review:

1. Awareness - to all new and old ninja 250/r owners looking for aftermarket parts
2. No Bias - regardless if the seller is your friend or not really a friend
3. Product improvement. - i'm sure we have sellers who are member of ninjette.org

ps. NO Quoting, NO Off Topics and please understand that each has different opinion and experience. I'm not trying to promote negative or positive review just trying to help and you decide.

Let me start with this

Undertail Kit
BikeLitez
Purchased $65 Shipped in 5 business days (seems overpriced)
Installation time: 4 hours +

My personal Review:
Pros:
It's made of solid plastic and it looks durable.
Comes with lots of bolts, nuts, clips, ties, 2 resistors. (u will not use all of them)
LED lights (blinkers).

Cons:
Instruction sheet (1 page only with pictures of course) poorly explained, though it comes from a color printer.
Prior to purchasing the tail kit it did not mention that it needs resistors, if only i knew i would not purchase this one.
Resistor gets easily hot and you can't mount them on plastic and rubber, you need to mod something like a heat absorber, aluminum.
Yes it needs cutting a lot of them.
If you're a first timer and ZERO knowledge about electronics and diagrams, you'll end up crazy.
Resistor diagram comes very poor, i never noticed that it was a diagram until i realized that there were lines on it. And that's 2 hours later and another hour of figuring where to connect.
If you're not going to connect (positive wire) the resistors, your LED blinker won't blink.
During the installation you will have to figure it out yourself, instruction sheet did not help much.

Recommdend: D

Thank you.

Last futzed with by WOWNinja; June 22nd, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
WOWNinja is offline   Reply With Quote