View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #30
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Akima,

Thinking more about your startup problem. Once again, if there's no FI warning light then you have to assume it's operating properly. If that's true you've got to determine if the stumbling-failure-to-start behavior is because of a too-rich or too-lean condition.

I know the FI EX-250 has an idle speed adjustment knob (because I've got the FI EX-250 throttlebody in my project bike). It's the long floppy adjuster with the black knob that dangles from the left hand side of the throttlebody. I was thinking about your startup problem and I was wondering if you had tried adjusting this knob at all?

If you haven't touched it before now I'd suggest about one complete turn to the right (right turns gradually open up the butterflys and left closes them). Of course, you could confirm the direction to turn in your owners manual just to be sure. If the problem with your cold weather start is a too-rich situation then this would introduce more air into the air/fuel ratio and that would help it get "over the hump" of startup and into a sustainable idle.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote