View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:54 PM   #1
killermase
ninjette.org member

Name: Chuck

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2504

Removing Mirror Bracket (without removing all the fairings)

How do you remove the mirror base bracket without removing all the fairings? I'm trying to install these mirror extenders - http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-11-Kawasa...7b153a&vxp=mtr.

However, this mirror extender requires me to remove the base bracket, but I'm trying to find an easier way to do this without removing the side and front fairings. If anyone has any ideas, pictures, or videos please let me know. BTW I have a 09 Ninja 250r.

---UPDATE---

Ok I finally had some time and I got these mirror extenders on and I did NOT take off the lower fairings. I basically took off the screws for the front fairing and windscreen. This allowed me to peel back the section next to the mirror and stick a socket wrench in there with an extension and get the two bolts off. As long as you take your time you'll be fine. Below are some pics of my new mirror extenders.

These look GREAT!!! You can't even tell they were not originally part of the bike. I road today and it was very windy and they held up just fine. I'm very happy. Check them out...

2012-03-08 10.54.57.jpg

2012-03-08 10.59.24.jpg

2012-03-08 10.58.37.jpg

Last futzed with by killermase; March 8th, 2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: update
killermase is offline   Reply With Quote