Old August 25th, 2016, 12:30 PM   #25
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemc View Post
The thing is...

I know no bike mechanical things besides simple stuff. I also have little experience so I don't want to test drive their bikes, which is another issue.

The smart thing would be to take the safety course, get my license, learn to ride there, and then buy a bike.

But that would take too long of course and I'm 18 and impatient and I want something now that may potentially kill me, like every other teenager.
Spoiler for Might hurt your feelings:
You know, guns are cheaper and arguably safer when handled properly if you just want something to satisfy that mall-ninja "I'm-so-dangerous-and-badass," attitude. They're also usually easier to maintain and fix than motorcycles. Scrap the whole bike idea, buy the shittiest AR-15 you can, and put $1000 in flashlights, laser sights, etc into it. I think that's really what you're looking for.

However, if you like the idea of eventually becoming an incredibly skilled motorcycle rider like most of us aim to, we've got plenty of resources on doing that, and a 250-300cc motorcycle is arguably the very best platform for this if you live in the United States. If you just wanna look cool and feel dangerous, there's a dillion ways to do that in a more efficient manner.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.