View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Awesome, just in time! I actually just ordered a set of these last week and they should be arriving any day now. Since I've never really done any sort of wiring before, I wasn't feeling the most confident in my ability to actually install them. sounds like kind of a lot, but I think it looks manageable. For some reason, getting a motorcycle has really made me want to learn to do stuff like this myself.

Although, the only time I ever attempted to solder anything was a while back when I made a set of Splinter Cell goggles for a Halloween costume, so I might try and find a random wire somewhere for a trial run.

Ah, but quick question- How much hassle is it to remove these once they've been installed? I mean, like, do they need to adhere to the fairings a bit? Should they theoretically be able to attach just as firmly if you need to remove them and install them a second time? I'm probably going to take my bike in to get the plastics repaired and painted in not too long, so I was determining whether I should just wait to install them, or if they're easy enough to remove and reattach that I can just take them off whenever I need to.
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote